Founded in the city of A Coruña in 2004, MMASA Studio sustains an international practice with offices in Spain and Mexico. It is led by Patricia Muñiz and Luciano G. Alfaya, architects trained at the Universities of A Coruña, Madrid, Barcelona, Porto, Rotterdam and Edinburgh. Muñiz and Alfaya were lecturers at TEC de Monterrey, in México (2014-2015). Previously, they were lectures at the University of A Coruña (2009-2013) and they have been invited as guest lecturers all over Spain, as well as Austria, Portugal, Germany, Poland, Switzerland, Mexico, Costa Rica and Argentina. The work of MMASA has won numerous awards in national and international competitions, including the first prize at the European 10 Prize in Poland and various public buildings in Spain (such as the courthouse in O Barco or Almagro). Moreover, several of its houses have been awarded for their contributions and design. MMASA projects have been presented in various publications and media, including Metalocus, AV Proyectos, Baulwelt, Detail, Via Construction, La Voz, El Pais or NYTimes. MMASA Studio has developed several research projects on the city and territory transformation. Their project “A Cidade dos Barrios”, was a finalist of the Biennial of Spanish Architecture and Urbanism 2011. MMASA Studio has generated over the years many cultural activities as well as publishing professional publications. In 2009 Muñiz and Alfaya were Independent Guest Experts of the Mies van der Rohe European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture.
- Patricia Muñiz Núñez [Cambre, A Coruña, 1974] architect from the University of A Coruña, possesses a Certificate of Research Proficiency and the Pedagogical Aptitude Certificate (CAP) by the same university. Metropolis Master in Urban Culture at the Polytechnic University of Cataluña. Currently working on her PhD thesis at the E.T.S.A. from La Coruña.
- Luciano González Alfaya [Mondariz Balneario, Pontevedra, 1974] is also an architect from the University of A Coruña and possesses the Certificate of Research Proficiency at the same university. Master Degree in Urban Planning and strategies at the University of Santiago de Compostela. He is developing his PhD thesis in E.T.S.A. Madrid. He was assitant in the University of Edimburgh.
- Cesar Escudero González (A Coruña, 1975) Architect from the University of A Coruña. He has worked at Estudio Mantiñan in A Coruña (2003-2005) and with Alvaro Siza (2005-2007). Since 2008, he is collaborating regularly with MMASA Studio.
- Angela Martinez (Ferrol, A Coruña, 1980) Architect from the University of A Coruña and Master in Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency . She has worked at Oficina de Arquitectura y Urbanismo in Ames (2009-2012), at Inter-national Design in Rotterdam (2015). Since 2016, she is collaborating regularly with MMASA Studio.
- Maria F. Lopez-Vizcaino (Lugo, 1989) Es arquitecta por la Universidad de A Coruña y está realizando el Master de Planificación y Gestion del Desarrollo Territorial en la USC. Colabora de forma habitual con el Estudio MMASA desde 2016 en el desarrollo de Analisis Urbanos y Planes de Movilidad.
- Hugo Felix Sanchez (Aguascalientes, 1976). Architect from UAA and Master en Diseño Arquitectonico at UPC. Since February of 2015 is collaborating with MMASA Studio. He is the current leader of the company in Mexico.
- Silvia Fernandes (Ponteareas, 1991). Architect from the University of A Coruña. Since 2016, she is collaborating regularly with MMASA Studio.
- Cristina Botana (Santiago de Compostela, 1984). Arquitecta por la ETSAC de A Coruña. Es colaboradora habitual de Arquitectura Sin Fronteras desde 2010 con quienes realizó un proyecto de investigación en Guatemala. Colabora con MMASA desde Enero de 2017.
- Camilo Fernández (Ponteareas, 1975). Sociologist from the University of A Coruña and Urban Technician by EGAP. Since 2009 collaborates with MMASA Studio.
- Gael Sánchez (A Coruña, 1980). Civil Engineer and Master in Urban Planning from the University of A Coruña. GIS expert, collaborates with MMASA since 2009.
- Carlos Barbeito (A Coruña, 1975). Building Engineer from the University of A Coruña. Collaborates regularly with MMASA Studio since 2005.
- Jorge Perez (Redondela, 1973). Possesses a degree in Art History and Graphic Designer and Publisher. Is a MMASA Studio collaborator since 2010. Previously was art director of Andar Quatro S.L.
Previous Collaborators Silvia G. Dacosta | Luis Santalla | Norka Chijin | Javier Rocamonde | Natalia Alvaredo | Andrea Guerra | Borja Perez | | Juan Salgado | Christine Anderson | Marcos Pérez | Alejandra Bozada | Jose Luis Reyes | Paula Monedero | Alex Pérez | Ramón Fernández | Verónica Míguez | Simon Jonhson | Maria López Mata | Michael Cooke | David de Miguel | Lucia Buceta | Stuart Mackellar | Iago Carro Patiño | Silvia Candia | Roberto Álvarez Muras | Chris French | Jorge Lamas | Ester Suárez Barbeito | Francesca Tiri | Ana Salgado Blanco | Marcos Álvarez Montes | Eider Monelos | Diego Mosquera | Xurxo Araujo | Robert Oberbucher | Mónica Fernández | Iria Rivas Ferreira | Anita Arbones | Laura González .
ESPAÑA. A CORUÑA. C/ Atocha Alta nº22 Bajo E. 15002. Cambre. A Coruña [T]+34 981 664463 [@] email@example.com
MEXICO. AGUASCALIENTES. C/ Madero, n°607 Bajo. La Purisima. c.p. 20259 Aguascalientes [T]+52 449 153 2993 [@] firstname.lastname@example.org